Cosmetic Dentistry, Various Types of Procedures
Providing aesthetic dental procedures in Jupiter, Palm Beach Gardens, and all of Palm Beach County, Florida.
If you’re looking to take a dip in the cosmetic dentistry industry, allow us to give you the break-down of the different procedures on the market. It’s no secret that cosmetic dentistry is on the rise, we see more and more people choosing to invest in their smiles. Plus, in recent studies, a smile is a top three physical feature someone notices about you upon first meeting. Are you looking to make the perfect first impression? It may be time to call your local cosmetic dentist. Perhaps one of the below cosmetic dental procedures could elevate your smile.
- Orthodontic Cosmetic Procedures: The term “brace face” may have pushed you away from getting braces when you were in your adolescent years. But in today’s time, more adults are investing in braces to align their crooked teeth. A year or two in braces is worth a lifetime of straight teeth!
- Teeth Whitening: If you’ve been self-conscious about the discoloration of your teeth, then have no worries as there are many ways to treat this! There are ways to whiten or even bleach your teeth, safely in cosmetic dental offices. There are also at-home teeth whitening strips that could help lift surface stains from your teeth. Depending on the severity of your discoloration, ask your dentist about the best route for remedying the pesky stains.
- Cosmetic Tooth Bonding: This procedure could fix a number of different negative tooth appearances. Bonding is a process in which tooth-colored materials are safely adhered to your teeth to hide or fix imperfections. This can be done to repair broken or chipped teeth as well as covering up badly stained teeth.
- Dental Veneers: Like bonding, this process can be used to remedy a number of qualities. Veneers are thin shells, typically made from porcelain that is adhered to the front side of your teeth, like a façade! These too can be used to cover up the look of crooked teeth, cover the space between widely-separated teeth and even cover badly discolored teeth.
- Cosmetic Teeth Shaping: This process, unlike many myths, is actually painless and satisfies immediate changes to your teeth. This is a procedure in which a cosmetic dentist will either add filling or remove enamel to reshape a tooth or teeth.
- Dental Implants: This procedure is when a metal (typically titanium) device is screwed into the jaw bone to replace and mimic a tooth. This may seem a little intimidating, however, this process has been done for years and has been perfected over time. This is a permanent procedure and can easily act as an anchor of a dental cap or denture to mimic tooth-like coloring.
- Dental Crowns: These caps are custom made to fit the tooth that needs to be “capped”. These are typically used when a tooth is badly decayed, broken, chipped, etc. Once the cap has been molded (usually out of porcelain or acrylic) it is then infused with metal to endure biting pressure. This process has also been perfected over the years and many people choose to undergo this process for various types of reasons. It can also cover spaces between teeth.
It is important to maintain a healthy smile above all. Consult with your cosmetic dentist and talk about all
options for your procedure. Ensure your yearly visit to your local dentist for health check-ups as well.